Friday was quite the day.
The rain and fog has returned to Vancouver. The dogs didn’t seem to mind the rain, truth be told neither did I. It was around 10 degrees and although it was wet, we had a lovely walk in the woods. The fog was out in full force; it was one of those days you expect to see something mythical walking through the mist.
Maxie had a wardrobe malfunction when the velcro on his raincoat was too saturated with water to stick together. A couple of wraps of self adhesive tape from the first aid kit and he was on his way again! It’s so much fun to watch a little guy have so much fun running around with the big dogs.
Pippa did her usual laps. Stella had a roll in the dirt. Logan was playful but ate something he shouldn’t have (more on this later). Bailey stuck pretty close happy to be out.
And now for the part every dog walker dreads. The walk was normal and fun. Everyone was running around as usual. However at leash up time, Logan seemed a little more subdued than usual. At first I thought that maybe he was just tired. But I knew something was wrong when I went to drop him off and he was unsteady on his feet and still really mellow. I got in touch with his owner and Logan was taken to the vet.
Turns out that Logan ate something toxic early in the walk. I didn’t get a chance to see what it was he ate as it was gobbled up too quickly. None of the other dogs ate anything. The vet was able to make a diagnosis. Great news is Logan made a full recovery and will have no lasting effects. He passed his followup exam on Saturday with the vet with flying colours. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. I feel it’s important to share these sorts of experiences so we can all keep our furry friends safe. It’s a good reminder to be aware of what our furry friends are trying to eat. I know I will be extra vigilant.
Logan you gave me a scare buddy. I’m glad you’re going to be alright. See you on Monday.